The purpose of ICCIS is to bring together systems and information sciences researchers and developers from academia and industry around the world to discuss cutting-edge research.
We are excited to announce that ICCIS 2020 will be held in Manta – Ecuador on July 27-29, 2020 and is organized by Universidad Laica Eloy Alfaro de Manabí in collaboration with GDEON.
ICCIS 2020 invites high-quality submissions describing significant, original, and unpublished results.
ICCIS 2020 proceedings will be published in Springer with Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) series.
Introducing Gamification to Improve the Evaluation Process of Programing Courses at the Salesian Polytechnic University (Guayaquil, Ecuador): PAPER ACCEPTED
Joe Llerena Izquierdo,
Jamileth Idrovo Llaguno.
Grupo de innovación educativa, tecnologías de la información y comunicaciones en el proceso de enseñanza-aprendizaje GIE-TICEA
Universidad Politécnica Salesiana
- Technologies that support enhanced teaching and learning (“technology enhanced learning”, TEL), facilitate the diversification of validation or evaluation strategies in educational institutions.
- Gamification begins with the adequate design of a specific game to achieve specific learning goals.
This study explores a learning process using the educational gamification web platform Kahoot to bolster the teaching-learning process by reinforcing previous knowledge of the Programming course in Python. A question form is implemented in the Kahoot app.
- The use of gamification tools to conduct participative individual and group activities increases class comradery, generates positive competition between participants and pushes students to correct learning difficulties that they themselves can detect.
- Previous knowledge is strengthened and built upon and students’ knowledge retention is improved.
- The gamification platform in no way replaces classroom learning, rather it functions as a classroom accompaniment and demonstrates that learning in a specific way can be carried out through a participatory environment that excites and elevates aspects of learning.
Te puede interesar: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-030-59194-6_32